Catalog Number: PAab10057
- Isotype IgG.
- Storage PBS with 0.02% sodium azide and 50% glycerol pH 7.3 , -20Centigrade for 24 months (Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.).
- Background/ FUNCTION.
- The membrane-associated protein encoded by this gene is a member of the superfamily of ATP-binding cassette (ABC) transporters. ABC proteins transport various molecules across extra- and intracellular membranes. ABC genes are divided into seven distinct subfamilies (ABC1, MDR/TAP, MRP, ALD, OABP, GCN20, White). This protein is a member of the ABC1 subfamily. Members of the ABC1 subfamily comprise the only major ABC subfamily found exclusively in multicellular eukaryotes. This protein is a retina-specific ABC transporter with N-retinylidene-PE as a substrate. It is expressed exclusively in retina photoreceptor cells, indicating the gene product mediates transport of an essental molecule across the photoreceptor cell membrane. Mutations in this gene are found in patients diagnosed with Stargardt disease, a form of juvenile-onset macular degeneration. Mutations in this gene are also associated with retinitis pigmentosa-19, cone-rod dystrophy type 3, early-onset severe retinal dystrophy, fundus flavimaculatus, and macular degeneration age-related 2.
- Immunogen ABCA4.
- Specificity Human.
- Tested Application ELISA, IHC.
- Recommended dilution IHC: 1:20-1:200.
- IHC use Immunohistochemistry of paraffin-embedded human colon cancer using PAab10057(ABCA4 antibody) at dilution of 1:100.
- WB use.
- Protein Information.
- Gene ID 24.
- Uniprot ID P78363.
- Calculated MW 256 kDa.
- Research Area Signal Transduction.
- Alternative Name ABC10, ABCR, ARMD2, CORD3, FFM, RMP, RP19, STGD, STGD1.
|Intended Use||Purification Immunogen affinity purified, Purity 95% as determined by SDS-PAGE|
|Company||bioactiva diagnostica GmbH|
|Manufacturer||Life Science Market|
|Certification||For research only|