Catalog Number: PAab09944
- Isotype IgG.
- Storage PBS with 0.02% sodium azide and 50% glycerol pH 7.3 , -20Centigrade for 24 months (Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.).
- Background/ FUNCTION.
- AIF1, also named as G1, IBA1 or daintain/AIF-1, is a 143 amino acid cytoplasmic, inflammation response scaffold protein. It is constitutively expressed in monocytes and macrophages and is known to be involved in macrophage activation. It is a marker of activated macrophage. Despite a lack of detailed knowledge on the in vivo physiological functions of AIF-1, there is growing evidence that shows its aberrant expression contributes to the pathogenesis of many autoimmune diseases, including rheumatoid arthritis. (20944424). AIF1 is an actin-binding protein that enhances membrane ruffling and RAC activation. It enhances lymphocyte migration and the actin-bundling activity of LCP1. AIF1 plays a role in RAC signaling and in phagocytosis and a role in vascular inflammation. AIF1 promotes the proliferation of vascular smooth muscle cells and of T-lymphocytes. It is also as a microglial cell marker.
- Immunogen allograft inflammatory factor 1.
- Specificity Human, Mouse, Rat.
- Tested Application ELISA, WB.
- Recommended dilution WB: 1:500-1:2000.
- IHC use.
- WB use.
- U937 cells were subjected to SDS PAGE followed by western blot with PAab09944(AIF1 antibody) at dilution of 1:1000.
- Protein Information.
- Gene ID 199.
- Uniprot ID P55008.
- Calculated MW 16 kDa.
- Research Area Signal Transduction, Metabolism, Cardiovascular, Developmental biology, Neuroscience, Stem Cells, Immunology.
- Alternative Name AIF 1, AIF1, G1, IBA1, IRT 1, Protein G1
|Intended Use||Purification Immunogen affinity purified, Purity 95% as determined by SDS-PAGE|
|Company||bioactiva diagnostica GmbH|
|Manufacturer||Life Science Market|
|Certification||For research only|